Web API overview
The Contensis WebAPI has been designed from the ground up to be a fast to learn, fluid to implement and intuitive to understand. Utilising the power of the Microsoft® Razor View engine, the Contensis WebAPI allows you to perform all the tasks required to write your own dynamic elements both server and client side.
- Razor View overview
This will give you an overview of how to implement Contensis Razor Views so that you can start running your code.
- Develop with Razor Views
Razor Views are a core feature within Contensis alongside the WebAPI to produce dynamic content easily.
- WebAPI nodes
This is an overview of the node structure and how you can navigate around your site structure.
- WebAPI dynamic properties
An overview of how the dynamic data discovering mechanism enables you to have fast access to your data.
- WebAPI security
An overview of the security types you can use to access User properties and to control access to website functionality and visuals by determining group membership of a user.
- WebAPI search
A guide on how to perform both standard and full-text based searches, along with how to limit results and set start indexes.
API main types
The following classes are the main types that you will use whilst developing modules within Contensis.
- ContentNode - Represents a content item within the Project Explorer.
- FolderNode - Represents a folder item within the Project Explorer.
- User - Properties a registered user.
- Localisation - Allows resolving of text resources to language specfic variants.
- SettingsManager - Access project settings.