Create a playlist
In this article we'll explain how to create an audio or video playlist of your CMS content.
- With your content uploaded and a video or audio web control inserted into your page. Open the Webcontrol Properties from the context menu. The Control properties screen will open.
- Select the Playlist tab
- You'll be presented with a series of Playlist Types in the form of radio buttons. By default CMS Content should be selected. If not select the CMS Content radio button.
- If you've previously used Closed Captions this screen will seem familiar. Use the Add button to open the content browser to locate the content you'd like to add to the playlist.
- Select the content you have uploaded from the navigator tree by checking a check box and press Save.
- The content you selected will be added to the playlist with a count of how many videos or audio files make up the playlist.
- You can add as much content as you wish, simply repeat the process.
- To remove any item from the playlist simply click the cross icon of the item you would like to remove.
- Press Save to apply your changes.
Display the playlist
By default we do not display the playlist in the player. If you want a user to see and interact with the items in the playlist follow these simple steps.
- After adding your content to the playlist turn the Playlist Displayto on by pressing the toggle button.
- Once the playlist display is set to on you can determine where the playlist should be displayed using the drop down menu.
- Setting the playlist to the Right you will then be able to specify the Width of the playlist.
- Setting the playlist to the Bottom you will then be able to set the Height of the playlist.
Note: If you are using a responsive audio player, you will only be presented with the option to display the playlist below the video player.
Things to be aware of
Contensis only supports single versions of your video content in playlists so you can not specify a fallback. In this situation we recommend using MP4 video for the widest support.
The height and width of playlists are appended to the width or height of the player when using a fixed dimension player layout. This is so you video content can make most use of the player area. So if you set fixed player dimensions of 640px x 360px and a width of the playlist to 180px then the video player control will require a placeholder that allows a minimum width of 820px.
In a responsive layout, if the playlist is set to right the width is included within the player width. When the playlist is set to the bottom the height is appended to the player height, sitting outside of the player area.
- The responsive audio player with playlist will only display below the player area.
Was this article helpful?