Create an API key
If you want to use the Delivery API outside of a Contensis published site, or use the Management API you'll need to generate an API key. Only users within the API Key Administrators security group can create API keys.
- Press the Content Types & Entries in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open revealing a number of options.
- Select API Keys to open the API Keys list.
- Press New API Key. The Create a new API key window will be displayed.
- Give the API key a name by filling the Name field. Provide a description to help other administrators understand what the key is used for by populating the Description field.
- By default all new keys are enabled - use the toggle button to disable the key if required.
- Press Create API Key. The key will be generated and the API Keys list will display your new key.
Was this article helpful?