Disable an API key
If you think that an API key may have been compromised, or you no longer use the application that was accessing your content through a particular API key, you can disable that API key.
- Press the Content Types & Entries button in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open revealing a number of options.
- Select API Keys to open the API Keys list.
- Find the API Key you want to disable in the list, and press Edit. The Edit API key screen will open.
- Toggle the API Key status button to disable the API key.
- Click Update API Key to save your changes. The API key will now be listed as disabled.
Warning: Any application or website using this API key will expect it to be enabled to access it’s content.
Was this article helpful?