Content groups overview
The content type group allows Administrators to create a group – of their own naming – and assign one or more content types to this group. This group can then be applied to folders etc, in the same way you would normally apply a standard content type.
This feature is useful for the quick assignment of a number of content types to one or more folders within the site. It avoids having to specify each content type and its accompanying permissions individually at a folder level, and replaces it with one simple assignment process.
Different groups of users within Contensis may want to work with different content types, so assigning a Content Type Group for each, could save time when configuring or building a web site. This feature also helps to ensure consistency of settings throughout your website.
Set up and apply a Content Type group
- Access the Management Console area by clicking on the cog icon.
- Within the User Management section, there is a an option called Content Type Groups which will display a list of exisiting Content Type Groups.
- To add a Content Type Group, click on the button called Add a Content Type Group(s).
- This will display a new dialogue window where a Group Name and Group Description details can be added.
- Having added the details, click on Save button to add the Content Type Group to the CMS.
- Add one or more of the individual content types required for the group by clicking on the Add a Content Type icon on the right of the screen.
- Staying in the Management Console area, you now need to assign the newly created Content Type Group to the active project. This is done by clicking on the Project Setup option and then clicking on the Content Types category contained within.
- Assign the new group (as you would for a normal content type), by clicking on the Add a Content Type button, and then assign permissions for user groups or individuals as required.
- When viewing the Content Types assignment to a particular project, you will see that there is an edit icon visible against selected items, including any assigned Content Type Groups. Clicking on this edit icon will open a new window displaying the properties of the group ( i.e. Name and Description and additionally, Extensions and Icon fields), where a choice of icons is available from a dropdown selector.
- Now that the Content Type Group is assigned to the project, it is available for use within the site itself.
- As with other content types in Contensis, this can now be assigned to one or more content folders and the permissions assigned as required.
Was this article helpful?