Desktop tool connections
This article will take you through the process of creating and managing connections to Contensis instances using the Desktop Tool.
Create new connection
- Right click on Desktop Tool in the system tray and choose Preferences.
- Click Connections and then click Add.
- Enter the your account details in the window (these are explained below).
- Once you are happy with the details you have entered, press OK followed by Apply.
- The preferences screen will close and the Desktop Tool will connect to your Contensis instance.
- An information bubble will popup from the system tray icon to tell you that the connection is successful.
This is a friendly name to help you identify the connection within the Desktop Tool. For example you may have multiple environments such as dev, staging and production.
This is the URL of your Contensis installation including the protocol i.e. https://cms.mydomain.com. We recommend that you use https when using the desktop tool although it is not essential for the tool to function.
Username and password
Enter your Contensis login details.
The poll interval is a value in seconds for the length of time between calls are made to the server to check for updates as the Desktop Tool relies on polling the server for new data as opposed to being event driven.
If you tick this option this is the connection you will be connected to by default.
Test a connection
You have the option to test your connection, we recommend doing this before saving the connection to verify everything works as expected.
Edit a connection
Click the relevant edit icon to open the Connections Setting window, you will then be able to edit your settings. Click OK to save your changes.
Delete a connection
Clicking on the Delete icon will prompt you with a confirmation window. Click Yes to permanently remove the connection from the desktop tool.
Was this article helpful?