Exclude content from search results
You can use as many of these tags in a page or template as you like but they must be valid HTML and you cannot nest them inside themselves. Typically most users wrap their header and footer in these tags to stop site-wide content being indexed.
The search engine has a cache so if you want to test this immediately then you will need to restart the sites worker process for the change to become apparent and also preview your page.
Exclude pages from search results
You can also exclude whole pages from search results very simply.
- Edit the page you want to exclude from all search results.
- Open up the Properties tab.
- Under Publish Options, untick the selection Include in Search?
- Save the page and Submit & Authorise it for the changes to be made.
You can also mass exclude files from the search results.
- Open up the content menu of a folder and select Manage Menu.
- You will see a list of all files inside the folder.
- You can select / deselect as many of these files as you like.
- When you've finished updating the search settings, click Save in the bottom of the screen.
If you can't see the Manage Menu option then you haven't been given the manage menu permission.
Was this article helpful?