Copy an entry
If you find yourself producing entries that are very similar, you can create a copy of an existing entry from the listing screen. You'll need to be a member of a role with create permission for the type of entry you are attempting to copy.
Follow these steps to create a new entry based on an existing entry:
- Press the Content Types & Entries button in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open revealing a number of options.
- Select Entries to open the Entries listing screen.
- Locate the entry you want to copy from the listing and press the Actions button indicated by the triple dot icon. A dropdown menu will be displayed.
- Select Copy from the menu, the entry will be copied and opened for editing. The new entry title will be prefixed with 'Copy of'.
- The new entry is available for editing without needing to repopulate all the fields.
Note: If you are making a copy of an entry that has translations you'll also be given the opportunity to copy any you have permission for via a confirmation window.
Was this article helpful?