Submit, approve and decline
Submitting a piece of content sends it to the next step in the workflow (usually to be approved). Once submitted, the content becomes read-only and cannot be edited, unless you revoke it.
- In an open page, click Workflow and select Submit or Submit With Message from the dropdown list.
- Approvers will be told there is content to approve.
Note: If a user has admin permissions, they may be able to Submit and approve, sending the content directly to the publishing queue. This will submit the content to the live website in one step.
- In the Contensis dashboard, press on Content to Approve in My To-dos.
- Hover over each of the content items to show the available options.
- Pressing the Preview button will load the content in a popup for you to review.
- If you want to immediately approve the content, press on Approve/Decline. You will then be taken to a confirmation page.
- Press the green Approve button and the page will be approved and placed in the publishing queue.
- Open the Approval screen by pressing on the See content awaiting your approval icon on the left of the top tool bar.
- Find the web page you want to decline, and click Approve/Decline in the options column.
- Press on the Decline button, a popup window will appear. Add a message to explain to the editor why the content has been declined.
- Pressing Send Message will alert the editor of the web page and you will be returned to the Approval screen.
Approve/decline actions can also be done directly from an email notification if they are enabled for your role. You can also approve an entire folder as a bulk action if you want to Approve All Content.
Was this article helpful?