Embed a Youtube video
This article takes you through the steps to embedding a Youtube video into a page in Contensis using the video player.
Locate the YouTube URL
You need to ensure you have a YouTube URL to the video you want to use. The URL needs to be in one of the following formats in order to work with the video player web control:
Insert a video control into your page
- Right click in an editable region on a page where you want to add the video control.
- Hover over Insert webcontrol. Then over Multimedia.
- You will then be able to see the Video Player web control.
- Once selected, the video properties tab will be open with an input for you to enter the Youtube URL of your video. Paste the URL into the input box and press Save.
Things to be aware of
- YouTube reserves the right to place advertisements into embedded videos.
- The YouTube logo watermark can not be turned off.
HTML5 YouTube embedding
The video player supports the YouTube iFrame API for HTML5 video playback. The iFrame playback has limitations, especially when playing back on mobile devices. For instance, playlists of YouTube hosted videos is not supported on mobile devices.
- The player will automatically use the YouTube iFrame API when on mobile devices or when rendering in HTML5 mode
- Mobile devices require user interactions to start video playback. This means that playlists do not work seamlessly on mobile.
- YouTube controls are visible when first loading the player on mobile. After the play action has been made, the Contensis video controls takeover.
Was this article helpful?