Create a councillors template
This article goes through the process of creating a template that can be used by your editors to create web pages and listings about your councillors. The template will consist of a sub template, a template with some additional properties, and a web control.
Nested template approach:
Using sub templates allows changes to be easily made, which in turn will affect each councillor page that has been created from it.
Create a sub template
- Create a new sub template.
- Give your sub template a name (e.g. sub-councillors).
- Add the councillors record control by right clicking within the sub template to bring up the Insert Web control menu, select Councillors & Committees and then select Councillors Record.
- The Councillors Record webcontrol properties window will appear. Set the properties that you need and click Save.
- Save the sub template and then Submit and Approve it.
Create a template to house the sub template
- Create a new Structured Content Template.
- Give your template a name (e.g. councillors-record).
- Select Properties from the Editor tab bar.
- Scroll down to Template Type and select Structured Content Template from the Type dropdown and Councillor from the Association dropdown menu. This tells Contensis that any page created using this template will be based on the councillor structured content definition.
- Return to the Editor tab bar and add the sub template you created in the previous section, by clicking and dragging the sub template icon into your template placeholder. The sub template and web control will be displayed within your template.
- Save the template and then Submit and Approve it.
- You'll need to assign your template to the folder where you want editors to add councillors to your site.
Was this article helpful?