Insert an audio player
This article explains how to insert a simple audio player into the page. To add in the new audio player web control follow the steps below.
The screen will default to the Audio Properties tab, press the blue browse button to locate an audio file in the content browser.
- Edit the page where you want to insert the audio player
- Right click where you want to insert the audio player
- Select Insert Webcontrol from the menu
- Then hover over Multimedia, and select Audio Player, the Audio Player web control properties screen will open.
- The content browser will only show folders in the tree where audio content exists
- Its possible to select from the AAC, MP3 and OGA audio content types.
- OGA has limited browser support,
- Select a check box next to a content item in the tree and press Save, the file you selected will be populated within the Audio input box.
- Press Save to insert the audio player into your page.
By default the audio player is set to a responsive layout, filling the width of the container that it has been inserted to, this provides the most flexible solution in a modern web site build.
To customise the layout options of the player read our article on video player layout options.
Although this example uses an AAC audio file (in MP4 container), MP3 audio is equally well supported across all desktop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and mobile devices (iOS, Android). Other file formats OGA Vorbis do not play everywhere, so ideally you should stick to AAC or MP3.
Was this article helpful?