Create a content type
To define a new type of content in Contensis you'll need to create a new content type. The creation of conten types is restricted to users in the Content Type Administrators security group. Follow the steps to begin the process.
- Press Content Types & Entries in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open revealing a number of options.
- Select Content Types to open the Content Types Listing screen.
- Press New content type, a Create new content type window will be displayed.
- Give your content type a name e.g. films.
- The API name will automatically be created and sanitised from the content type name you enter.
- You can add an optional description to distinguish the content type in the listing.
Press the Create to create your new content type. The Content type builder will open so you can start adding fields to your content type.
Was this article helpful?