Create a blank database
Contensis requires a database to store all of your content as well as application specific information like the audit trail. This article takes you through creating a blank database which can be used to create a database for both the Contensis application and your publishing server (although the database names will be different).
Create a new database
- Login to SQL Management studio, right mouse click on the database node and select New Database...
- Give the database a name, we usually prefix the customer name with cms-contensis_ but this isn't a requirement.
- Open the options page from the left and select SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS from the collation drop down. Once this is selected selected click OK and the database will be created.
Create a login for the database
Once the database is created we need to create a user account that will be used to connect to the database from the Contensis application (or publishing server).
- Expand the security node and right mouse click on logins, select New Login...
- Give the user an appropriate name and select SQL Server Authentication. Assign the user a secure password and untick User must change password at next logon , it is recommended that you untick Enforce password expiration as well as this would cause problems if the password expired.
Assign the user permissions
The login must have db_owner (dbo) membership for the Contensis database. To enable this open the User Mapping page from the left and select the Contensis database. The pane will become active below and you can then select db_owner.
Be careful when using SQL Management Studio 2008 R2 as this permission doesn't always stick if you make the change at the same time as creating the user. If you are using SQL 2008 R2 I would suggest just reopening this page once you have created the user to double check the permissions.
Using a query instead of the GUI
Instead of following the steps above you can run the query below to do everything in one step. You just need to alter the database name [cms-contensis_myorganisation], username [cms-contensis] and password before running the script.
Was this article helpful?