Manage user accounts with AD
You can use Active Directory Synchronisation to automatically create Contensis user accounts from your AD installation. You can also use Active Directory Update to update your AD records when a user updates their details within Contensis.
Add users to a group
- Open the Management Console and click through to Global user Groups.
- Find the user group you want to add a user to and press on the Edit icon at the far right of the table. This will generate a User Editor window.
- Click on the User Groups tab, to see a list of all users in this group.
- Press on the Add User(s) button. An Unassigned Users window will appear giving you a list of all the users within the system.
- Use the checkbox to select or deselect users. Click Save.
Add a user to multiple groups
- Open up the Management Console and click through to User Management.
- Find the user you want to edit and press on the Edit icon at the far right of the table. This will generate a User Editor window.
- Click on the User Groups tab, to see a list of all groups this user is in.
- Click on the Add Group(s) button, an Add User Groups window will appear giving you a list of all the groups within the system.
- Use the checkbox to select or deselect groups. Click Save.
Automate group administration with AD
If you are using Active Directory then you can automate this process by using the Active Directory Synchronisation, allowing you to import all of your current user accounts with all their groups intact inside Contensis as well. This can also work the other way around by utilising the Active Directory Update functionality.
Note: Setting DirectoryServices_DeleteInvalidUsersAndGroups to true fully removes users from CMS (as opposed to marking the accounts as Locked and Disabled).
If you make a change in your AD list any orphaned accounts will be set to Locked and Disabled in Contensis if this setting is left on the default = false.
Was this article helpful?