Configure Contensis to use Azure AD
With your Contensis application registered in Azure AD, the next step is to login to Contensis and configure the Azure AD integration.
- Login to Contensis using an administrative account.
- Navigate to the Management Console and select Global Settings, you need to enter the following settings:
This needs to be set to your Azure AD metadata endpoint address. This can be found by following these steps:
- Select Azure Active Directory, followed by App Registrations and then select Endpoints from the top toolbar.
- Copy the Federation Metadata Document address from the textbox. Enter this in the WSFederation_MetadataEndpoint global setting.
This needs to be set to your Azure AD tenant ID. This can be found by following these steps:
- Select Azure Active Directory, followed by Properties. Your tenant ID is the same as your Directory ID. Enter this in the WSFederation_TenantID global setting.
This needs to be set to your Azure AD tenant name. This can be found by following these steps:
- Select Azure Active Directory, followed by Custom domain names. Your tenant name is the name of your primary domain. Enter this in the WSFederation_TenantName global setting.
This needs to be set to the application ID of the registered Contensis app in Azure. This can be found by following these steps:
- Select Azure Active Directory, followed by App registrations then select the Contensis application. Your application ID is listed on the application overview. Enter this in the WSFederation_ApplicationID global setting.
- Navigate to your application and click All settings and then select Keys from the secondary menu.
- Enter a description, choose an expiration and the click Save.
Note: Once you navigate away from this screen you will not be able to retrieve the key again. In the event that you lose the key value then you will need to delete the key and add a new one.
- Enter the value of the key into the WSFederation global setting.
This needs to be set to 2 for Azure AD.
Once you have added the above global settings you need to recycle the application pools which serve the Contensis application and the identity provider. This is done by right clicking on the 'contensis_authenticate' application pool in IIS > Application Pools and selecting Recycle. Once this has recycled, repeat for the Contensis application pool.
Was this article helpful?