Register Contensis with Azure AD
This article outlines the process of registering Contensis with Azure AD to provide a single sign-on service.
Add new application to Azure AD
- Login to the Azure portal https://portal.azure.com and select Azure Active Directory from the left hand menu.
- Select App registrations from the secondary menu.
- Select New application registration from the top toolbar.
- Enter a name for your application, this can be anything you want. Leave the application type as Web app /API and then enter your sign-on URL. The format of the sign-on URL is your CMS address with the addition of /authenticate/, so in this example it is https://cms.cloud.contensis.com/authenticate/. Once you have entered all the details click Create.
- Now you have created the App, you must set the App ID URI, to do this click the properties button and enter the App ID URI. The format of the App ID URI is your CMS address with the addition of /authenticate/, so in this example it is https://cms.cloud.contensis.com/authenticate/. Next click Save.
Update the application manifest
- You now need to edit the manifest file. Select your application from the list.
And click the Manifest option.
- Find the "groupMembershipClaims" setting in the manifest file and change the value to "SecurityGroup". Then click save.
Grant application permissions
- Navigate back to your application and click All settings and then select Required permissions from the secondary menu.
- Select the Windows Azure Active Directory API.
- Ensure the following permissions are selected and then click Save.
- Select Grant Permissions from the top toolbar.
- Click Yes to grant the permissions for all accounts in the current directory.
Was this article helpful?