WebDav is a protocol that allows you to edit and manage documents and files over HTTP. In order to use WebDav there are a few steps you need to complete, these are detailed below.
In order for WebDav to use Contensis authentication we must disable all types of authentication except anonymous authentication. To disable authentication follow these steps:
IIS 7/7.5 (Windows 2008/2008 R2)
When using IIS7+ Contensis automatically disables the authentication methods for you by using the web.config file. All you need to do is give Contensis permission to alter these settings. This is called Feature Delegation in IIS 7+. To allow Contensis to alter the authentication settings you need to follow these steps:
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Click on the server node in the IIS manager
- A list of features will be shown in the right pane
- Double click Feature Delegation
- You will then see a list of features:
- Authentication - Anonymous
- Authentication - Basic
- Authentication - Digest
- Authentication - Windows
If some of the features above aren't listed then don't worry, just carry out the subsequent step.
- For each of the features listed above, right mouse click on the feature and select Read/Write
Was this article helpful?