Create an events template
This article goes through the process of creating a template that can be used by your editors to create events pages and listings. The template will consist of a sub template, a template with some additional properties, and a web control.
Nested template approach:
Using sub templates allows changes to be easily made, which in turn will affect each events page that has been created from it.
Create a sub template
- Create a new sub template.
- Give your sub template a name (e.g. Events-sub).
- Add the event record web control by right clicking within the sub template to bring up the Insert Web control menu, select Events and then select Record.
- The Events Record webcontrol settings window will appear. Make any changes that you need and click Save.
- Save the sub template and then Submit and Approve it.
Create a template to house the sub template
- Create a new Structured Content Template.
- Give your template a name (e.g. Events-record).
- Select Properties from the Editor tab bar.
- Scroll down to Template Type and select Structured Content Template from the Type dropdown and Events from the Association dropdown menu. This tells Contensis that any page created using this template will be based on the Events structured content definition.
- Return to the Editor tab bar and add the sub template you created in the previous section, by clicking and dragging the sub template icon into your template placeholder. The sub template and web control will be displayed within your template.
- Save the template and then Submit and Approve it.
- You'll need to assign your template to the folder where you want editors to add events to your site.
Record web control
Insert Webcontrol > Events > Record
For more customisation and details of the other settings within this web control, you can refer to our common web control settings list.
A checkbox allows you to toggle whether or not the time should be displayed and if so, using a Short Time or Long Time format.
Record Image Height
Enter a numerical value in this text field to define the maximum height of the record image, in pixels.
Record Image Width
Enter a numerical value in this text field to define the maximum width of the record image, in pixels.
Was this article helpful?