Set up a who's who user group
This article outlines how to create a who's who user group type that will be used to populate the who's who directory.
Create an organisational unit
- Navigate to the Management Console, click Global User Groups, followed by Create Group.
- Give your group a name (eg. Who-global) and select Organisational Unit from the Group Type dropdown.
- Click Save.
Assign a child group
- Repeat the above steps for creating a global user group and give it a name (eg.Who-child) - or choose to use a child group you already have set up in Contensis.
- In the Global User Groups list, click the Edit icon to the far right of your who's who master group.
- Open the Child Groups tab and click Add Child Group(s).
- Locate the group you want to add and select them by clicking the checkbox to the far left. Click Save.
- You will be returned to the Global User Group Settings for Who's Who master group window, click Close.
The data source for the who's who module is the Contensis user database, so you can choose to have the data populated by your active directory. Use all information from AD or choose to only synchronise names and let the users update other information themselves using the user profile form.
Note: Once the who's who user group has been created, it must be selected from the listing web controls settings dropdown for the who's who web control to return results.
Was this article helpful?