Detach an entry from a node
If you no longer want a particular entry to be available at a specific URL, or would like to add an alternative entry to a node, you can detach the existing entry.
- Press Content Types & Entries in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select Site view to manage your site structure and content.
- With Site view open, use the tree to navigate to the node in your site that you'd like to remove the entry from.
- Right-click, or select the Actions option indicated by the triple dot icon, to open the node context menu
- Select Detach entry from the menu that is displayed. A confirmation window will be displayed.
- Enter the entry title into the confirmation window to detach the entry.
- Once you've entered the entry title (indicated in bold text) into the confirmation text box, you'll be able to press the I understand, detach the entry button to confirm.
- After you've confirmed the action, the icon will be updated in the tree to an empty node icon. You can now attach a new entry, or delete the node.
Was this article helpful?