Edit an entry from site view
If you regularly manage content for your website, then the natural journey for finding your content is to locate it through your site navigation at a specific URL. Site view gives you a place to do that.
To manage and edit content in Site view you'll need to be a member of the Site view administrators security group and have edit permission for the entries you want to update. Edit permissions are defined by roles.
- Press Content Types & Entries in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select Site view to manage your site structure and content.
- With Site view open, use the tree to navigate to the area in your site that you'd like to update.
- Select a node in the tree with an entry attached. This is indicated by a page icon. The entry will open for editing. If you've managed entries through the entry listing previously the interface will be familiar.
- Make your edits to the entry and press Save and Submit to send your content for approval, or Publish if the workflow allows to publish the changes to the entry.
If you select a parent node/folder in the tree that has an entry attached e.g.
/about-us/ the entry editor will not be automatically displayed. To edit these entries, use the Action context menu where an Edit entry option is displayed.
If you don't have permission to edit a particular set of entries, the entry editor will be displayed in a read-only view and you will be unable to make changes to the entry.
In the event you select an empty node in the tree, you will be presented with a message telling you there is no entry attached to the node.
Was this article helpful?