Content type groups for asset file types
The Content Type Group feature allows administrators to create a custom group and assign multiple asset file types to it. The group can then be applied to folders etc, in the same way you would apply a standard asset file type.
Once set up, Content Type Groups allow you to quickly assign large numbers of asset file types and their accompanying permissions to folders within your site.
Set up a Content Type group
- Open the Management Console and click on User Management. The Content Type Groups link will be displayed.
- Click on the Content Type Groups link. The Content Type Groups table will be shown.
- To add a Content Type Group, click Add a Content Type Group(s). This will display a new dialogue window where a Group Name and Group Description details can be added. Click Save.
- In the Content Type Groups table click the Assign Content Types icon, a dialogue window will appear.
- Click Add Content Types to bring up a list of unassigned asset file types for your group. Check the checkbox for all the asset file types that you want to assign and click Save.
Add a Content Type group to a project
- Open the Management Console and click Project Overview. The Content Types link will be displayed.
- Click the Content Types link. The Assigned Content Types table will be shown.
- You assign a new content group as you would a normal content type. Click Add Content Types and the Unassigned Content Types table will be displayed. Start typing the name of your Content Type Group in the Content Type search box. Check the checkbox next to your group and click Save.
Now your Content Type Group is set up and assigned to your project, you can assign content permissions and assign the Content Type Group to folders as you would for any asset file type.
Was this article helpful?