Use the any asset file type
The any asset file feature caters for any asset type other than those already made available for use within the system. If the any content type is assigned to a folder, a user can upload a file type that uses any file extension.
Note: The any asset file type must be assigned to the project itself, the folder that you want to work in and permissions assigned as required.
Create content using the any asset file type
- Right click on the folder that you want to work and select New Content from the context menu. Then select the Any option.
- This will display a screen allowing you to upload a local file. Select the required file, then click on the Next button.
- You will then be presented with a screen asking you to specify the content information. This includes Title, Filename, Menu Name and any associated metadata.
- Click on the Finish button to take you through to the Content Confirmation screen.
- Different option buttons for Submit or Submit & Approve will display depending on your assigned permission level.
What happens when I add a new asset file type?
If uploading a new asset file type, (for example a .content file) using the any content type assignment, the system will automatically make this content type available for assignment. So for the example given, this would mean that the .content type would be available for assignment to folders, placeholders within the system.
If however, a content type is uploaded where there is already an existing content type available within the CMS, the item will be handled in exactly the same manner as currently applies to its designated content type.
Was this article helpful?