Create an FAQ template
This article goes through the process of creating a template that can be used by your editors to create frequently asked questions (FAQ). The template will consist of a sub template, a template with some additional properties, and a web control.
Nested template approach:
Using sub templates allows changes to be easily made, which in turn will affect each FAQ page that has been created from it.
Create a sub template
- Create a new sub template.
- Give your sub template a name (e.g. FAQ-sub).
- Add the FAQ record web control by right clicking within the sub template to bring up the Insert Web control menu, select FAQ and then select Record.
- The FAQ Record webcontrol settings window will appear. Make any changes that you need and click Save.
- Save the sub template and then Submit and Approve it.
Create a template to house the sub template
- Create a new Structured Content Template.
- Give your template a name (e.g. FAQ-record).
- Select Properties from the Editor tab bar.
- Scroll down to Template Type and select Structured Content Template from the Type dropdown and FAQ from the Association dropdown menu. This tells Contensis that any page created using this template will be based on the FAQ structured content definition.
- Return to the Editor tab bar and add the sub template you created in the previous section, by clicking and dragging the sub template icon into your template placeholder. The sub template and web control will be displayed within your template.
- Save the template and then Submit and Approve it.
- You'll need to assign your template to the folder where you want editors to add FAQ to your site.
FAQ record web control
Insert Webcontrol > FAQ > Record
For details of the settings within this web control, you can refer to our common web control settings list.
Was this article helpful?