Copy a component
If you find yourself needing to produce a component that is very similar to an exisiting one, you can copy an exisiting component from the component builder. You'll need to be a member of the Component Administrators security group to do this.
- Open the component you want to copy by pressing Edit in the Component listing.
- When the Component builder opens, press the Action button from the component toolbar.
- Press Copy from the menu.
- The component will be copied and opened for editing. The new component will have '- copy' appended to its name.
- You'll need to update the component name and API ID of your new component.
- Edit and update your component by adding or removing fields.
Was this article helpful?