Create a node
Each node you add to your site structure creates a new URL that can be used by an author or developer to display content on your site. Creating nodes in Site view is restricted to users in the Site View Administrators security group.
Follow the steps to add new nodes to your site structure.
- Press Content Types & Entries in the sidebar. The Content Types & Entries drawer will open, revealing a number of options.
- Select Site view to manage your site structure and content.
- With Site view open, use the tree to navigate to the area in your site where you'd like to create a new location.
- From an existing node, either right-click or select the Action button indicated by the triple dot icon to open the node context menu.
- Select Create a new node from the menu that is displayed. The Add node window will be displayed.
- Enter a display name. This name is used in any navigation menus, e.g. "Products". The slug will automatically be created and sanitised from the display name you enter e.g.
products. You can adjust the slug to meet your URL requirements.
- Press Create to save your new node. The window will close and the new location will be added to the tree.
Note: The slug will automatically be incremented with '-1' if the name already exists.
Was this article helpful?