Create and link to an anchor
Anchors allow the reader to jump to another location on a page when they are clicked on. On some websites you'll see a Jump to Top link, this is an example of how to recreate that feature.
Create an anchor in a page
- Select the text you would like to create an anchor for.
- Click the Anchor button in the editor toolbar, the Create Anchor dialog box will open.
- Give the anchor a recognisable name. e.g. Top.
- Click Save, the Create Anchor dialog box will close, a border will appear around the selected words indicating the anchor.
- Its now possible to create a link to the anchor in the page.
Link to an anchor in a page
- Select the text that you would like to become the link.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link Icon in the editor toolbar, and the Insert/Edit Link dialog box will open.
- Select the CMS Content link type from the dropdown list, the options in the dialog will expand.
- Click the Browse button in the Select the Content Type container, the CMS Content Browser dialog box will open.
- Use the navigator tree to locate the page or document you would like to link to, click the checkbox next to the item.
- Click the Save button, the CMS Content Browser dialog box will close.
- The Insert /Edit Link dialog box will be populated with the page you selected.
- Scroll down to the Standard Link Options container
- Give the link a title e.g. Jump to Top
- Click the Anchor dropdown list and select the Anchor you wish to link to e.g.Top
- Click Save, the Insert/Edit Link dialog box will close and the selected text will become a link to the anchor you selected from the dropdown.
- Clicking the link will navigate the user to the anchor point in the page.
Note: The anchor field in will only populate when a page is selected in the Select the Content Type area.
What happens if an item I linked to is deleted, archived or moved in the system?
Links to existing content in Contensis are automatically updated when you make changes to the location or the name of the content. Any content that is deleted or archived will have their associated page links removed.
Do I need to add 'mailto:' text when linking to an email address?
No, this will be created automatically.
How do I set the link to open in a new window?
Opening links in a new window is possible and can be simply set by ensuring the Open link in a popup window? radio button is set to Yes when creating a link. A variety of options are available after applying this setting to allow you to configure how that new window is displayed.
Was this article helpful?